CHADWICK SHORES HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
MEETING DATE: April 16, 2019
CALL TO ORDER:
The CSHOA Board of Directors meeting was held at the Sneads Ferry Presbyterian Church on April 16, 2019 and was called to order at 7:00 pm by Rick DuFlocq, President.
Present: Rick DuFlocq – President
Jonathan Chrisant – Vice President
Janet Gargano – Secretary
Ray Baker – Treasurer
Patti Strum – Director at large
Russ Keith – Resident Advisor
Rachel Carter – Website Administrator
Trisha Smith – Resident Advisor
Absent: Chris Manning – Premier Management representative
Residents/guests attending were: Gretchen Allnutt, Eileen and John Milliman, Guinn Beaver.
Gretchen Allnutt had volunteered to head up the Community Yard Sale scheduled for May 18th, and
she brought the Board up to date on the progress, and she also requested the Board’s assistance in
obtaining some addresses and posting of the notice on the Chadwick Shores website as well as the
digital front entrance sign.
Mr. Milliman expressed his frustration and disturbance that he cannot access his property due to the
drainage project and, consequently, he is having a difficult time in selling his lot. The Board promised
to work with him to resolve this situation to his satisfaction.
- The on-going drainage work is finally wrapping up, and final inspections are due within the next month.
- Update on the Waterfront Park: ECC should have the new path and gravel walk completed fairly soon.
- Playground update: the newly seeded grass area has taken well, and the area should be ready for use shortly; the opening will be posted on the CS website.
- ECC Landscaping is checking the culverts to make sure they are open and flowing properly.
- Speeding: a memo will be sent out to residents asking that they bring any ideas for curtailing the speeding problem to the September residents’ meeting.
- Secretary’s report: The minutes of the March 19, 2019 meeting send to the Board for review and approval. The highlights will be posted on the CS website.
- Treasurer’s report: Ray reviewed the PMC Financials for March 2019. The dues collected were $26,325; total income for March is $33,457. HOA expenses are in line with what they should be currently, and the HOA is pretty much on budget overall.
The first of the late notices will be going out in April.
Motion to approve the Treasurer’s report made by Janet Gargano; 2nd by Rick DuFlocq; All Approved.
Vice-President – Jonathan will order the soccer ball net. He will also look into the suggestion of a “do it yourself” horseshoe pit for the Playground.
Director-at-Large – Patti reported that she met with the sign company and they will make up the signs for the Waterfront Park and the osprey nesting advisory for under $100.00
Website Administrator – Rachel Carter did some analytics on the number of “hits” to our CS website, and she found that 50% were on page view; 13% were looking at amenities and zero clicks on the “get involved” page. She is going to add more tabs, and she suggested that we might potentially add a newsletter to the website.
Motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Patti Strum; 2nd by Janet Gargano All Approved.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 pm
Submitted by Janet Gargano, Secretary