Date(s) - Thursday, November 18, 2021
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Sneads Ferry Presbyterian Church
Categories No Categories
Purpose of Annual Meeting:
- This is where the HOA members (homeowners) elect a board of directors.
- Board presents the 2022 Budget
Per our by-laws, we are required to hold an annual meeting. Click here to read the by-laws.
What to Expect:
Packets are being assembled and then will be mailed; you can expect to receive the following:
All documents (except the budget & bios) are located on the website. The budget and bios are not going to be published on the website. Please email the board if you would like a copy of the bios.
- Annual Meeting Notice
- Annual Budget
- Proxy Voting Form if you cannot attend the meeting
- Bios for potential board members
- Nomination form
- Several owners have been nominated for the board of directors and included in this mailer is a brief bio submitted by each nominee. The names of the owners who responded will be listed on the ballots issued at the meeting.
- In keeping with the HOA by-laws, nominations can be made from the floor at the meeting. You may nominate yourself or another owner, however you can only nominate another owner if you have spoken with him/her and he/she has agreed to serve on the Board if elected. You can also return the included nomination form if you would like to nominate yourself or another owner and have the name pre-filled on the ballot at the meeting.
How do you vote?
- Voting is done at the meeting – if you cannot attend please consider sending in a proxy vote.
- We are required to have 10% of members (50ish) to vote in order to elect this new board.
- You will receive a proxy form which needs to be returned in order for an owner to authorize another owner to vote on their behalf on Association related matters during the meeting.
- It is imperative that owners who cannot attend the annual meeting provide their proxy for quorum purposes.
- There needs to be minimum representation of 10% of homeowners either voting in person, or by proxy, to elect the 2022 board members.
How many open Board positions are there?
- For 2022 there are 3 open board positions.