In the case of a hurricane, the Chadwick Shores HOA has a prep checklist that needs to be completed. We appreciate any and all help from Chadwick Shores residents!
This plan includes the following:
- Closing the playground and waterfront park until further notice. While this is physically difficult to do, we ask residents to stay away from these areas until its safe.
- The front gates will be secured in the open position
- The American flag at the entrance will be lowered and removed
- The gate sign will be covered
- If needed, a dewatering pump will be set up in the area of the intersection of Chadwick Shores Drive (CSD) and Shore Ct. This is the low lying area that routinely floods. We ask that if the pump is in operation, that residents not transit that section of CSD.
- A sweep of the common areas will be conducted to remove/relocate any potential hazards
- The landscaping company (ECC) will be available to assist utility companies in clearing roadways as necessary.
Email is the primary source of communication from the HOA during hurricanes, so please make sure you have signed up here.
Please note: The authorization to fund storm debris removal after Hurricane Florence came about as a result of a vote taken at an emergency owner’s meeting. The board requests that residents not place any storm debris along the roadside, as there is no plan at this time to contract the landscaping company to remove it. The board will notify owners if this situation changes, and there is the need for another emergency meeting.
If you’re wondering what a hurricane is like in Chadwick Shores, here’s a video taken by Rachel Carter during Hurricane Florence.
Onslow County/NC Government Emergency Notifications:
This list offers ten ways to help your home get through the storm as unscathed as possible.
Below you’ll find a list of things to know and prepare for before you hunker down, suggestions from those of us who have weathered our fair share of hurricanes.